Scarborough being steeped in history, culture and tradition provides countless aspects to suit every taste and need.
Fantastic walks to do in and around Scarborough. From beaches to parks and for the more adventurous, the Cleveland Way or Coast to Coast walks.
An absolute gem with its many walkways and magnificent lake, ideal for circumnavigating the central island on the Dragon or Swan themed pedelos! A waterfall cascades from the top of the island where you will find a hidden Japanese Garden.
Naval Warfare Battle; Electric Organ Concerts (3pm start – free); Brass/Silver Bands (free); Island; Peasholm Mini-Golf; Peasholm Putting.
Scarborough’s Open Air Theatre is the largest in Europe (seating for 6,000) and the original was built by Scarborough Corporation in the 1930s. Acts confirmed for 2020 include:
- Beach Boys Sunday 13th June.
- Ru Paul Drag Race Sunday 20th June.
- Bryan Adams Thursday 1st July.
- Stereophonics Wednesday 28th July.
- Kaiser Chiefs Sunday 8th August.
- Westlife Tuesday 17th August.
- Nile Rodgers & Chic Friday 20th August.
- Keane Saturday 21st August.
- Olly Murs Friday 27th August.
- UB40 Saturday 28th August.
- Anne-Marie Sunday 29th August.
- Snow Patrol Friday 10th September.
- Duran Duran Friday 17th September.
More to be announced
Every year, the Armed Forces Day National Event puts the host town or city in the spotlight, gathering national media and public interest. The next Armed Forces Day National Event will be hosted by Scarborough Borough Council in June 2022.
The Spa Complex plays host to variety, orchestral and touring shows. Amazing live music throughout the summer in the wonderful setting of The Spa’s Suncourt & The Grand Hall boasting the only remaining professional seaside Orchestra.
Scarborough Spa is a Grade II listed building in South Bay, It is a venue for conferences, exhibitions, entertainment, live music and events.
Originally built around the source of Scarborough’s spa waters, The Spa has a Grand Hall, which seats nearly 2,000 and hosts live entertainment including the Scarborough Spa Orchestra and the annual Scarborough Jazz Festival. The Spa Theatre, a 600-seat Victorian theatre, is home to summer season shows and Christmas pantomimes. The Spa Ocean Room is used for dances, conferences and other events, including the Scarborough Jazz Festival and Coastival.
The Victorian Cliff Tramway links the Spa complex with South Cliff, 200 ft above the South Bay.
- The Meat Loaf Story Sunday 6th June.
- Jimmy Carr: Terribly Funny Friday 9th July.
- The Illegal Eagles Friday 16th July.
- Jive Talkin’ Sunday 18th July.
- Francis Rossi: I Talk Too Much Sunday 1st August.
- Thank Abba For The Music Sunday 22nd August.
- Rumours of Fleetwood Mac Saturday 4th September.
- Scarborough Jazz Festival 2021 Sep 24 Until Sep 26.
And these are but a few there are many more.
For the ardent theatre goer, the renowned Stephen Joseph Theatre, home of the famous playwright Sir Alan Ayckbourn, provides a rich repertoire.
The summer will also be packed with a range of presented work, play readings, films, live streaming, workshops and more.
Please check out there website for more details.
Opened in 1829, The Rotunda’s unique circular building is one of the world’s first purpose-built museums.
The design of the building was suggested by William Smith, known as the father of English Geology.
The building is an exhibit in itself – the interior, with its stunning trompe I’oeil ceiling and fascinating gallery, featuring a frieze showing the geology of the local coastline designed by Smith’s nephew, John Phillips, is remarkable.
Scarborough Art Gallery was built in the late 1840s by the Uppleby family and has had a fascinating history. This Italianate villa is one of the finest buildings situated in Scarborough’s beautiful Crescent Gardens.
The gallery houses our permanent collection which has been built up over sixty years through gifts, bequests and purchases to reflect the eclectic mix of the community and the cultural heritage of Scarborough.
- Sunday 11th July Yorkshire Cc Lancashire
- Monday 12th July Yorkshire Cc Lancashire
- Tuesday 13th July Yorkshire Cc Lancashire
- Wednesday 14th July Yorkshire Cc Lancashire
- Tuesday 20th July Yorkshire 50 Over Fr Northumberland
- Thursday 22nd July Yorkshire 50 Over Surrey
- Wednesday 28th July Yorkshire 50 Over Northamptonshire
If you love adventure, it’s time to experience the biggest, the fastest, the wettest, the warmest, the cleanest, the waviest, the newest, the funniest, the most unlike any waterpark you’ve seen before waterpark.
Scarborough boasts some wonderful restaurants catering for all discerning tastes. We would personally recommend Lanterna Ristorante, Café Fish, Gianni’s Restaurant, Kam Sang, Antons Cafe Bar Grill, Scarborough Tandoori and Golden Grid all within walking distance. I should also mention the award winning Harbour Bar for the best ice creams.
Scarborough is ideally situated within close proximity to many places of interest and beauty. Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Filey, Castle Howard, Dalby Forest, Pickering, Helmsley and North York Moors National Park are all within easy access and with something unique to offer. For the railway buff there is The North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
Scarborough is host to a huge variety of concerts, festivals and conferences. I can only mention a few but please “follow” us on Twitter or “like” us on Facebook for the latest information as it becomes available for these events and many more.